Everything is now ready for you to act so it’s only logical that we next turn our attention to how you should actually take your dose. You might be tempted to believe that all you have to do is follow what has been written on your prescription pamphlet and you’d be right of course. However, there are other aspects that can augment and enhance the scope of your understanding and help you even more to subdue your condition. Read on for more interesting reading.
The magic words “Take as directed”
Generic tadalafila is not a temporary but is in fact a long-term treatment and so it inevitably comes with risks that can become serious and even life threatening if you fail to take it as prescribed.
We’ve been talking about three major tadalafila related conditions, erectile dysfunction (ED), benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) so we’ll continue to include them in this article.
Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
This condition prevents any man from being capable of achieving and maintaining an erection for the purpose of engaging in sexual activity. It’s a dreaded and highly embarrassing condition to suffer.
The treatment of erectile dysfunction using tadalafila requires you to take your medication as directed
If you decide to stop taking or not take your medication on schedule, your ED may not get better and you not succeed in achieving or maintaining an erection.
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
If you decide to stop or not to take your medication on schedule your BPH these many discomforting symptoms may not improve at all and you’ll allow them to continue to trouble you.
Some of these irksome symptoms include, problems when you get yourself start to urinate like straining to urinate, you only get a dribble or a weal flow when you actually urinate or you have frequent strong urges to urinate.
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
If you decide to stop or not to take your medication on schedule, for treating your PAH, you won’t feel better, your symptoms won’t decrease, especially your shortness of breath when you exert yourself to undertake physical activities.
Taking too much: if you take more than the prescribed dose, you condition won’t improve but will only increase your risk of suffering from side effects.
Whenever you suspect you’ve taken too much of this drug medication, or you’ve overdosed, you should seek prompt medical attention by contacting your country or area emergency number, through their online tool.
If your symptoms are severe, you should immediately call your area’s emergency number for prompt medical attention.
What if you miss a dose: The moment you remember you missed your dose, you should take it.
However, always remember that you shouldn’t be taking more than one dose or tablet per day.
Never try to double up on your doses to make up for the one you missed as this may cause serious or dangerous side effects.
Knowing if your treatment is working: The best way to know whether or not your medication is working is when you notice that the symptoms for the condition you’re suffering (ED, BPH or PAH) have improved.
Important Considerations when taking Tadalafila
When your doctor prescribes tadalafila for you to take as your drug medication, it’s very important to keep these following considerations in mind.
- When your doctor instructs you to take your tadalafila medication once a day, you should oblige by taking it every day at about the same time.
- Avoid chewing, breaking or crushing your tadalafila when you take it. Always take your tadalafila tablet whole.
Storing tadalafila tablets
You should remember the following points when you store your tadalafila tablets:
- Store you tadalafila tablets at room temperature of between 59°F and 86°F (15°C and 30°C).
- Ensure that you keep this drug medication away from places that have high temperatures.
- Never store this medication in moist or damp areas such as the bathroom of your house.
Whenever you decide to travel whether on business or pleasure and you wish to take your drug medication with you, always remember the following points:
- It’s always wise to take your drug medication with you. You should never keep your medication in your checked luggage. You should always carry it in your carry-on bag.
- If you are worried about the X-ray equipment at the airport, don’t be. The machines can’t damage your drug medication.
- It’s quite likely that airport staff may want to see the pharmacy label for your medication. You should always carry the prescription label that arrived with your medication so you can show it to airport staff. You should also carry the original container that carried your medication.
- Avoid putting your drug medication in the glove compartment of your car or leave it in your car. Make sure you take these precautions during very hot or very cold weather conditions.
Best Medical Practice
Before your doctor prescribes tadalafila for you to take as medication for your condition, he may arrange for you to undergo some blood tests.
These blood tests will check the functioning efficiency of your liver and kidneys.
If the blood tests affirm that your kidneys or liver aren’t functioning normally, or if you are suffering from liver or kidney disease, your doctor may alter your prescription.
Your doctor may also begin your dose at a lower level than the standard dose, he may have you take it less often or he may not compile a prescription for you whatsoever.
If you’ve been prescribed tadalafila for treating your Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), your doctor may conduct an exam and arrange a blood test known as a prostate-specific antigen (PSA).
The reason for this is that symptoms for BPH and prostate cancer can sometimes be similar. The tests will ensure that you are not suffering from prostate cancer before you start taking you tadalafila drug medication.
Knowing everything there is to know about a specific drug medication such as Tadalafila does tend to instill confidence and instill understanding not only about the medication itself but also about the condition under which you are suffering that needs to be treated and cured. Still more important nevertheless is the way you actually take the medication so that it does indeed work properly and conquers your condition. We hope this article has done its job for your benefit.